Tuesday 13 December 2011

The 'Un'

The prefix 'Un' has a lot of different meaning when attached to different words. Using the idea of 'Un' it was a starting point for making a project about myself. I focused in on the 'Un' of defined (undefined). This led me to the idea that as people we're all undefined in the terms that we have multiple personalities for different situations we're in.
In simple terms I thought that I couldn't define myself as one single person as I appear to be a range of different people depending on where I am, what I am doing and who I am with. This led me to believe that all these different versions of myself make up the whole person.
In order to portray this idea I made a 'Book of Beth'. The book shows me acting out 37 different versions of me in different situations. These are a selection of my favourite versions.


Book of Beth


On My Own


With Children


At Work


On The Train

In reality and after looking through my Book of Beth I look exactly the same in all different situations I acted out. Although we may act differently around different people we're not really lots of version of ourselves. We're simply ourself acting in order to fit in to the situation that we have been put in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment