Sunday 11 September 2011

Notts

Unfortunately I had to take Friday off from Farnham to attend an open day at Nottingham University. Whilst there I got a chance to visit the beautiful uni campus as well as visit the city centre.The course I am particularly interested in starting next year is Art History and Nottingham had a superb course on offer. What really attracted me to it was how I get a choice of my modules to take. This meant,that with me being a practical artist as well as interested in the theory side of it, I can take modules of practical art alongside studying art history. The modules on offer are such as fine art, photography and graphics.

Studying this year at Farnham will really help me find what discipline in art I want to follow alongside art history . I think it will also be a year to further develop my drawing skills and also essay writing that will be a key element in any art history degree.

Whilst in Notts I had a chance to visit the city centre, which I'm glad I did, so that I could get a feel for what it would be like if I lived there. What I did see of the city seemed very pleasant. The shopping was great, which shouldn't be an important factor but it is. The city does have an art scene though with various galleries and art spaces available to visit, so being so far away from London doesn't mean being secluded from the art world.

Nottingham seemed to have a lot on offer and I can begin to see how doing foundation art will fit in with preparing me to go to uni. There's still a few other unis I'm interested in visiting as options for next year but Notts impressed me very much so.

No comments:

Post a Comment